Associate Professor Tam Nguyen has over 20 years of working in clinical trials, health and medical research and research management sector including tertiary teaching hospitals, medical research institutes and universities across Australia.
Tam is the deputy director of research at St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne, responsible for research strategy, research development and innovation. Tam serves as non-executive director and advisor to several medtech and health tech start-ups and scale ups. Current roles include:
* Investment Committee: Horizon3Biotech
* Resident Director: Acclime Australia
* Advisor: Oncoshot Australia | Lenexa Medical | Net-Health
Tam holds academic appointments with:
* Melbourne Medical School * Monash Medical School and * RMIT University
Tam is a Fellow of the :
* Royal Society of Public Health
* Royal Society of Medicine
* Australian Institute of Managers and Leaders
* Australasian Research Management Society
Tam is a regular invited speaker on a broad range of topics on Clinical trials, Innovation, Industry Collaboration; Digital Health, AI & Machine Learning in Health. He chairs and moderates and serves on program committee at numerous national and international conferences.
He’s a co-editor of a recent book: AI in Medicine (Springer):
Abstract – Artificial Intelligence in Medicine: Hype, Hope or Harm?